Victron Energy Blue Solar panels provide renewable energy for your home, which helps the environment and reduces your electricity bill. But not all panels are alike. The material a panel is made of, what solar inverter it uses, and how it mounts to your roof determines what environments it works best in. Before you buy solar panels for your home, research the different factors and decide which option is right for you.
Choose monocrystalline solar panels for efficiency.
Monocrystalline solar panels are the best at converting light to energy because of their high silicon purity. That being said, monocrystalline solar panels are often the most expensive—this option is best if you want the highest productivity and price tag.
- Monocrystalline solar panels cost between $270-400 USD per panel.
- Monocrystalline solar panels also produce the most waste when they’re manufactured. If you’re buying solar panels to go green, another material may suit your needs better.
- All solar panels are made of silicon. The higher the silicon purity, the better your panel will work, which is why monocrystalline panels are ideal.
Go with polycrystalline solar panels for an environmentally-friendly option.Polycrystalline solar panels utilize all of the silicon material they’re manufactured with, making them the “greenest” panel option. Polycrystalline solar panels are also cheaper than monocrystalline panels, though they are not quite as efficient.
- Polycrystalline solar panels usually cost between $169-250 USD per panel.
- Polycrystalline solar panels do not do as well in warm temperatures. Hot climates with temperatures regularly above around 80 °F (27 °C) are not suitable for polycrystalline panels.
Victron Energy Blue Solar Panels have the following features
- Low voltage-temperature coefficient enhances high-temperature operation.
- Exceptional low-light performance and high sensitivity to light across the entire solar spectrum.
- 25-Year limited warranty on power output and performance.
- 5-Year Limited warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Sealed, waterproof, multifunctional junction box gives high level of safety.
- High performance bypass diodes minimize the power drop caused by shade.
- Advanced EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) encapsulation system with triple-layer back sheet meets the most stringent safety requirements for high-voltage operation.
- A sturdy, anodized aluminium frame allows modules to be easily roof-mounted with a variety of standard mounting systems.
- Highest quality, high-transmission tempered glass provides enhanced stiffness and impact resistance.
- Pre wired quick-connect system with PV-ST01 connectors.